Chicken Liver Fry
TIME: 15 min
TIME: 5 min
This chicken liver fry recipe is made with caramelized sweet onions and a splash of balsamic vinegar. This recipe requires only three main ingredients, and it’s ready to be served in 15 minutes.
jump to recipe
What is Special About This Recipe?
- The onion is caramelized, which adds tons of flavor to the liver.
- Pan-fried in one skillet, this simple and easy dish you can make any time of the year.
Chicken Liver. Using chopped chicken liver allows for a quicker cook time and a better texture of the cooked livers.
Vidalia Onions. The onions get caramelized, and it not only adds flavor and depth but the natural hint of sweetness of the onion balances out the strong liver flavor.
Balsalmic Vinegar. The splash from the vinegar is the perfect acidic component that folds the entire dish together.
Tips For Recipe
- Make sure to cut your liver into even pieces. That way, you get all the liver cooks evenly in the skillet.
- You are welcome to use a yellow, white, or sweet onion for this recipe. They will all cook nicely. I do not recommend using a red onion as it can create a tart flavor.
- Season your liver at the end of cooking. You will find if you add in while it cooks, it can affect the texture of the liver. That is why you add the vinegar at the end.
Is chicken liver good for you? Chicken liver is considered a superfood. You will find that adding liver to your regular meal plan can offer many health benefits.
Where to buy chicken liver? You can look to see where a meat market shop or farmers market is in your location. You can shop at a local meat market.
What does chicken liver taste like? Most chicken liver offers a nutty and mildly sweet flavor.
If you enjoy this sauteed chicken liver recipe, here are a few more organ recipes. Serve up chicken liver patties for a simple and delicious lunch, weeknight dinner, or entertaining guests.
Another organ recipe is this beef heart stew. Loaded with nutrients, hearty, and filling.
Chicken Liver Fry
This fried chicken liver recipe is made with caramelized sweet onions and a splash of balsamic vinegar. This recipe requires only three main ingredients, and it’s ready to be served in 15 minutes.
Peel and chop onions into large dice pieces.
Preheat the skillet on medium-high heat and add ghee to cover the bottom of the skillet evenly.
Add onions and fry till soft and golden.
Use kitchen shear to cut the liver into bite-size pieces. Add liver to the pan and cook continually stirring while no longer pink, approximately 5-7 minutes.
Once the liver is cooked, add balsamic vinegar, salt, stir and turn the burner off.
Calories: 234kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 20gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 410mgSodium: 99mgPotassium: 368mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 12563IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 10mg
Get new recipes and tips via email
when you subscribe!